Twelve Gifts from God
This was sent to me by a Christian friend, Chuck Leach, I met while pastoring in Leavenworth, Ks. It was a blessing to me so I thought I would, add some Bible verses and pass it on.
1. The gift of work – He who loves his work never labors. Ecc 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
2. The gift of money – Money is nothing more than a tool. It can be a force for good, a force for evil, or simply be idle. Ecc 7:12 For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.
3. The gift of friends – It is a wealthy person indeed, who calculates riches not in gold but in friends.Pro 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
4. The gift of learning – Education is a lifelong journey whose destination expands as you travel. Pro 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
5. The gift of problems – Problems may only be avoided by exercising good judgment. Good judgment may only be gained by experiencing life’s problems. Nah 1:7 The LORD is]good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
6. The gift of family – Some people are born into wonderful families. Others have to find or create them. Being a member of a family is a priceless membership that we pay nothing for but love. Deu 5:16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
7. The gift of laughter – Laughter is the medicine for the soul. Our world is desperately in need of more medicine. Pro 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
8. The gift of dreams – Faith is all that dreamers need, to see into the future. Pro 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy ishe.
9. The gift of giving – The only way you can truly get more out of life for yourself is to give part of yourself away. Luk 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
10. The gift of gratitude – In those times we yearn to have more in our lives, we should dwell on the things that we already have. In doing so, we will often find that our lives are already full to overflowing. Psa 26:7 That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
11. The gift of a day – Life at its essence boils down to one day at a time. Today is the day! Psa 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
12. The gift of love – Love is a treasure for which we can never pay. The only way to keep it is to give it away. 1 Joh 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.