What will it take to bring you to God?
1. It took a Nervous Breakdown to Bring Nebuchadnezzar to God Dan 4:33-34 The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' [feathers], and his nails like birds' [claws]. And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion [is] an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom [is] from generation to generation:
a. Pride kept him form God
b. Pride brought Lucifer down Ezk 14
2. It Took the Birth of a Baby to Bring Enoch to God Gen 5:21-22 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
a. He was 65 when Methuselah was born
b. He walked with God after Methuselah was born
c. “A little child shall lead them” Isa 16:11
3. It Took a Funeral to Bring Isaiah to God Isa 6:1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
a. When the King died Isaiah saw the Lord
b. Uzziah died as a Leper II Chr 26
4. It Took a Storm and a Fish to Bring Jonah to God Jonah 1:3-4; 17 But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD. But the LORD sent out a great wind into the sea, and there was a mighty tempest in the sea, so that the ship was like to be broken. (17) Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights
a. Jonah paid the price for running from God vs 3
b. The Lord sent a great wind vs 4
c. The Lord prepared a great fish vs 17
5. It Took an Earthquake to Bring the Philippian Jailor to God Act 16:22 And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat [them]. (24) Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks. (26) And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed
a. They beat them
b. They cast them in prison
c. There was a great earthquake
6. It Took Rags, Poverty and Bankruptcy to Bring the Prodigal to God Luke 15:13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
a. He wasted his substance vs 13
b. He came to himself vs 17
c. He made the decision vs 18