Christian and His Concern
DAN 3:1; 5; 12
I. As the end gets closer, the days will get darker.
How will the devil try to manipulate and squeeze you? Through . .
A. Emotional Enticement
1. The music of adultery, drugs, death
2. Love or Lust? Who can tell?
B. Social Inducement
Going against the tide . . .
C. Governmental Enforcement
D. Spiritual Defilement
1. Satan doesn't want causalities; he wants converts.
2. We are looked upon as un-American if we don't
accept everyone's religion.
II. As the days gets darker, the saints need to shine brighter. Dan 3:13 -
Pressure to conform presents opportunities to stand. Why did Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego stand?
A. They had a settled faith. My mind is made up!
B. They had a strong faith. Dan 3:17
C. They had a steadfast faith. 3:18
1.Hebrews ll:32-39--and others were tortured.
2. "Faith is not as much receiving from God what you desire as it is accepting from od what He gives."
3. Rom 8:35-39
III. When the saints shine brighter, the world sees clearer. Dan 3:24-25 -
A. Cleansing of the Saints - "The only thing that the fire burned off them was what the world put on them."
B. Company of the Savior - "Jesus did not come to get you out of trouble. He came to get into trouble with you."
C. Conviction of the Sinner -- Dan3:28